Saturday 4 July 2009

Glide approaches, Engine Failure after takeoff

So,

The day before last we went up and started the lesson with a mess up on my behalf, I lined up on the wrong runway... although in my defence it was only 20 meters away from the proper runway (05) and then rectified my mistake quickly.
We then continued to do glide approaches which I thoroughly enjoyed, it was the quick decent and constant turn that I liked as there is an element of danger involved. You don’t have the power to bail you out, it is all about judgment of speed and altitude.

We also did an engine failure after takeoff drill which I wasn’t very good at initially as I didn’t push the nose forward quickly however my touch drills were fast and effective as was my choice of field to but the old AT3 down in was spot on.

I came away from the lesson feeling like I had achieved something but I had a final push to switch on and make everything (my drills and airspeeds) a bit smarter and offhand but overall im doing well and progressing well.

Look forward to hearing your comments

All the best……

Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment